Scary 80's horror movies from the cult come on Blu-ray!
The classic 80s horror movie Spookies has finally arrived on a newly restored Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray, which includes a new documentary with new ComingSoon.net editor Max Evry! This special limited edition special embossed cover (designed by Earl Kessler Jr.) is limited to 2,000 units and is only available by clicking here!
After the car breaks down, a group of travelers are trapped in a remote part of New England. After taking refuge in a creepy old mansion with a graveyard, they discover an ouija board and decide to spend the night trying to summon some spirits. But the group soon discovers that playing with the forces of dark magic is not fun and playful, and it doesn't take long for them to confront all manner of demonic creatures, shapeshifters and other forms of evil, all of which are more than happy to be. choose them in the most horrendous way possible.
Of all the bizarre horror movies made in the 1980s, Spookies is easily among the strangest. Produced by Michael Lee, founder of beloved UK home video distributor VIPCO, the film has become a fan favorite, thanks to its creative effects produced by experts and notorious for its bizarre production story, in which its creators, co – original writers / directors Brendan Faulkner & Thomas Doran and co-writer / producer Frank M. Farel were fired and replaced by Eugenie Joseph, who added new scenes and reedited the previous scenes, resulting in the legendary strangeness that Spookies became. Vinegar Syndrome proudly brings Spookies to Blu-ray for the first time, recently restored in 4K from its original long-lost negative and including a new making of & # 39; feature-rich, tracing its incredible and often unbelievable production history.
Directed by Thomas Doran, Brendan Faulkner and Eugenie Joseph, the film stars Peter Dain, Nick Gionta, Joan Ellen Delaney, Peter Iasillo, Charlotte Alexandra, Anthony Valbiro, Lisa Friede, Soo Paek, Maria Pechukas and Felix Ward.
• Regionless Blu-ray Disc Set
• Newly scanned and restored in 4K from original negative 35mm camera
• “Twisted Tale – The Unmaking of Spookies” – a feature-making making-of documentary, including a commentary by documentary co-directors Michael Gingold and Glen Baisley and extensive deleted scenes.
• “VIPCO – The Untold Story” – a feature film documentary on the notorious UK home video label, including scenes from extended interviews with Michael Lee (founder of VIPCO) and a trailer.
• Alamo Drafthouse 2015 screening performances with Spookies director Thomas Doran and co-writer / producer Frank M. Farel.
• Q&A from a 2015 Hudson Horror Show screening with actor Peter Iasillo, actor Anthony Valbiro and production assistant Tom Sciacca
• File location with actor Peter Iasillo
• pinreel attacks and write errors
• Backstage image gallery
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible cover art with new Gary Pullin art
• SDH English subtitles
<img src = "data: image / gif; base64, R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP /// yH5BAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARARA7" class = "hidden and lazy type" data-lazy-type = "iframe" data-lazy-src =) www.youtube.com .com / watch? v = u0tnHZ3RmBA (/ embed) "alt =" "/>